California car accidents can cause serious injuries. Learn what to expect physically after a car accident in California —and why you should contact a lawyer about filing a claim for just compensation.
When you are involved in a California car accident, there is a lot you need to know. For example, you need to know what steps to take, and you need to know where to take your car for repairs. You also need to know what to expect physically after a California car accident, and you need to know whether you should consult with an attorney about filing a claim for just compensation.
With regard to what to expect physically after a California car accident, there is no single answer. Different California car accidents affect different people in different ways. While some people are fortunate enough not to suffer any serious injuries, others suffer severe trauma—and they may experience pain and physical limitations every day for the rest of their lives.
What to Expect Physically After a Car Accident in California
In short, when it comes to what to expect physically after a California car accident, what you really need to know is that you should expect just about anything. As discussed below, if you feel fine now, this does not necessarily mean that you will feel fine in a few days. On the other hand, even if you feel like all hope is lost, you may be able to heal, and you may be able to recover your losses with the help of an experienced attorney.
So, you want to know what to expect physically after a California car accident. Here are five important facts about the physical effects of California car accidents:
1. California Car Accidents Can Cause a Variety of Traumatic Injuries
The first thing you need to know is that California car accidents can cause a variety of traumatic injuries. The forces involved in even a minor California car accident are more than enough to cause trauma in all parts of the body. As a result, California car accidents frequently result in injuries such as:
- Bone fractures
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Severe bruising
- Soft tissue injuries
While some of these injuries might be obvious immediately, others might not. As discussed below, some California car accident victims do not experience pain immediately—even though they have been severely injured.
2. You Might Not Be in Pain Right Away
If you are not experiencing pain after a California car accident, this does not necessarily mean that everything is okay. For example, your adrenaline could effectively be masking your pain. It could also be the case that you have suffered an internal injury for which pain is not an immediate symptom.
As a result, while many people assume that pain is the first sign that they need medical attention, this is not always the case. With this in mind, when it comes to what to expect physically after a California car accident, you should expect that you might experience pain in the days to come—even if you aren’t experiencing pain right now.
3. You Might Begin to Notice Symptoms in the Days After the Accident
Other symptoms can also begin to manifest in the days after a California car accident. For example, if you suffered a concussion, you might gradually begin to notice that you are having trouble remembering bits and pieces of information. You might also find yourself getting confused more often than usual.
While this is not uncommon, it is also not something that should be taken lightly. If you start experiencing symptoms in the days after your California car accident, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor promptly. In some cases, delayed symptoms can be indicative of serious injuries that require prompt diagnosis and treatment.
4. It Will Take Time (and Commitment) to Heal
Regardless of your injuries, you should expect that it will take time to heal. The recovery process for traumatic injuries can take anywhere from weeks to months, and some California car accident victims will need treatment and therapy for the rest of their lives.
Too often, people grow frustrated and get tired of waiting to get better. But, ignoring your medical needs is a mistake that can delay (or jeopardize) your recovery—and it is also a mistake that can make it much more difficult to recover just compensation.
5. You Might Experience Long-Term Physical Effects from Your Car Accident
In terms of what to expect physically after a California car accident, many accident victims experience long-term effects. This includes effects such as chronic pain, physical disabilities, and lifetime medical needs. Again, it will be extremely important for you not to ignore or overlook the effects of your California car accident, and relying on professional medical advice is the best thing you can do to ensure that your accident’s long-term effects are as minimal as possible.
Why You Should Hire a Lawyer to Seek Just Compensation in California
Due to the potential for significant (and expensive) physical effects, it is important to speak with a lawyer about your legal rights after a California car accident. Here are five reasons why you should consult with a lawyer:
- Your Injuries Could Lead to Expensive Medical Bills – Diagnosis and treatment for traumatic injuries can be incredibly expensive. In many cases, accident victims’ medical bills will far exceed what they can afford to pay.
- Your Health Insurance Might Not Provide Coverage – Health insurance companies may deny coverage for injuries from a California car accident that was someone else’s fault. If your health insurance doesn’t apply, you could go even farther into debt.
- Your Injuries Could Have Other Financial Costs – In addition to medical bills, injuries from California car accidents can lead to other financial costs. This is particularly true if you will be unable to work for any length of time.
- You May Be Entitled to Compensation for Your Pain and Suffering – In addition to compensation for your financial costs, you may also be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. You may be entitled to compensation for other “non-financial costs” as well.
- You Will Need Help to Collect the Compensation You Deserve – In order to recover just compensation for the financial and non-financial costs of your California car accident, you will need an experienced lawyer on your side. Hiring a lawyer through CarAccidentSource.com promptly will give you the best chance to recover maximum compensation.