San Jose Car Accident Lawyer
Injured in a car accident in San Jose? Here’s what you need to know:
- Do You Need a San Jose Auto Collision Attorney?
- Steps to Take After an Auto Collision in San Jose
- Mistakes to Avoid After a Car Collision in San Jose
- What to Expect from Your Auto Insurance Claim
- Can You Seek Compensation Outside of Auto Insurance?
- What to Expect from a San Jose Auto Collision Lawyer
- FAQs: How Do San Jose Car Accident Attorneys Help Their Clients?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you need help. You need help recovering from your injuries, and you need help dealing with the financial costs of the crash. If your injuries are serious, you may also need help dealing with the long-term impacts of pain, suffering, physical limitations, and emotional trauma. The best way to handle your situation is to contact a San Jose car accident lawyer right away.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident in San Jose?
A San Jose car accident attorney can help with all aspects of your recovery. Your attorney can help you find a specialist in San Jose, and your attorney can handle your insurance claim for you. If you have a claim outside of auto insurance (as many accident victims do), your legal practitioner can help you seek additional compensation for your accident-related losses.
Whether you are a long-term resident of Northern California or you recently relocated to Silicon Valley, it will be important for you to protect your legal rights. You need legal representation, and local San Jose car accident lawyers are available to help you 24/7 through CarAccidentSource.com.
Are you entitled to compensation for your car accident? Find out now:
*When you click the button you will be redirected to LawsuitInfoCenter.com.
When recovering from a car accident, there are several steps you need to take in order to protect your legal rights. You can try to take these steps on your own, or you can hire a San Jose car accident lawyer to take them for you:
- Report the Accident to the Police – Under California law, any driver who is involved in a car accident is required to report the accident to the California Highway Patrol or the local police department. If you were injured (or if anyone else was injured) in the accident, you must also file a report with the California DMV.
- Report the Accident to Your Insurance Company – You also probably need to report the accident to your insurance company. This is required under most standard auto insurance policies, and if you fail to report the accident you could lose your coverage.
- Collect Evidence of Liability – In order to seek just compensation for your car accident, you will need evidence that the other driver (or a third party) is liable for the crash. While you can collect some evidence (i.e. photos from the crash site) on your own, you will need to hire a San Jose car accident attorney to conduct a comprehensive investigation.
- Determine What Type(s) of Claim(s) to File – With evidence of liability, you can then determine what claim(s) you can file. While most cases involve claims under the at-fault driver’s insurance policy, this isn’t necessarily the only option you will have available.
- Calculate Your Financial and Non-Financial Losses – When pursuing a claim (or claims) after a car accident, you need to know how much you can recover. Here too, while you can calculate some of your losses on your own, you will need a San Jose car accident attorney to fully calculate your financial and non-financial losses.
In addition to taking the steps listed above (among many others), you also need to be careful to avoid a variety of mistakes. San Jose car accident lawyers can help you avoid mistakes such as:
- Assuming You Were at Fault in the Crash – You should never assume that you were at fault in a car accident. There are simply too many potential factors, and it takes a thorough investigation to determine who (or what company) is liable.
- Giving Too Much Information to the Insurance Companies – When dealing with insurance companies, you need to be very careful to avoid providing too much information. Even if you think you are doing the right thing, you could end up saying something that the insurance companies can use against you.
- Going To a “Recommended” Repair Shop or Doctor – Your insurance company may try to steer you toward a “recommended” repair shop or doctor. In most cases, you are entitled to go anywhere you choose, and it is in your best interests to do so.
- Settling for Less Than You Deserve – Under no circumstances should you feel forced to settle for less than you deserve. Additionally, you should not make any decisions about the settlement until you know how much you are entitled to recover.
- Trusting the Insurance Companies – When you have an insurance claim, the insurance companies are not on your side. Their sole focus is on minimizing their liability—which means paying you as little as possible.
Given that you cannot expect the insurance companies to help you collect the compensation you deserve, what can you expect from your auto insurance claim?
Filing a successful auto insurance claim is not easy. Even if the other driver was clearly at fault, you still need to prove it in order to obtain coverage. You also need to prove how much you are entitled to recover. This includes not only your out-of-pocket costs to date, but also your future out-of-pocket costs and your non-financial losses. If you cannot prove your claim, the insurance companies aren’t going to pay.
San Jose car accident lawyers who are experienced in dealing with insurance companies can help you overcome these challenges. They can deal with the insurance companies for you, and they can help you make smart decisions about when – and if – to consider accepting a settlement.
What if the other driver doesn’t have insurance? Or, what if the other driver wasn’t at fault? In many cases, it will be possible to seek compensation from other sources.
From vehicle defects to road defects, and from hiring unqualified drivers to overserving drunk patrons, there are various issues that can give rise to “third party” claims. In addition to helping you seek insurance coverage, San Jose car accident lawyers can also pursue any available “third party” claims you may have available.
As discussed above, there are many reasons to hire a San Jose car accident attorney after being injured in a collision. Here is what you can expect from your San Jose car accident attorneys:
- Comprehensive Investigation – San Jose car accident attorneys conduct comprehensive investigations in order to prove liability and successfully pursue their clients’ claims.
- Focus on Your Best Interests – Unlike the insurance companies, your San Jose car accident attorney will exclusively have your best interests in mind.
- Personalized Legal Advice – Your attorney will provide personalized legal advice focused on calculating your losses and helping you recover just compensation.
- Strategic Settlement Negotiations – Your attorney will negotiate strategically on your behalf in order to try to quickly obtain a favorable settlement.
- Being Prepared for Trial if Necessary – If the insurance companies won’t settle for just compensation, you can expect your attorney to prepare your claim for court.
When Should I Contact a Lawyer After a Car Accident in San Jose?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in San Jose, you should contact a legal practitioner right away. There is no reason to wait, but there are several reasons to talk to a lawyer. Your initial consultation is free, and you can contact a lawyer 24/7 through CarAccidentSource.com.
Can a San Jose Car Accident Lawyer Help Me if My Claim Has Been Denied?
Potentially—it depends on why the insurance company is refusing to pay. You should contact a lawyer, and your lawyer will be able to review your claim and determine what steps (if any) he or she may be able to take to help you recover your losses.
Can I Hire a Lawyer for My Car Accident on Contingency?
Yes, San Diego car accident lawyers represent their clients on a contingency-fee basis. With contingency-fee representation, your initial consultation costs nothing, and you pay nothing unless you win.
How Do I Find a San Jose Car Accident Lawyer Who Can Help Me?
You can find an attorney who can help you through CarAccidentSource.com. Local San Diego car accident attorneys are available 24/7, and you can request your free initial consultation online.