Salinas Car Accident Lawyer
Injured in a car accident in Salinas, CA? Here’s what you need to know about the recovery process:
- Do You Need a Salinas Car Accident Attorney?
- What Should You Do (and Not Do) After a Car Accident in Salinas?
- How Much Can You Recover for a Car Accident in California?
- 5 Insurance Tactics You Need to Avoid
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Salinas Car Accident Attorney
- 5 Key Facts about Recovering After a Car Accident in Salinas, CA
- FAQs: How Do Salinas Car Accident Lawyers Help Their Clients?
Located at the north end of the 101 and just a short drive from Monterey Bay, Salinas sees more than its fair share of car traffic—and car accidents. Fortunately, if you have been injured in a collision, local attorneys are available to help you protect your legal rights. After a crash, it is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible, and you can contact a Salinas car accident lawyer online 24/7 through CarAccidentSource.com.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident in Salinas, CA?
If you were injured in a car accident in Salinas, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Depending on who was at fault in the accident, you could have a claim under the other driver’s insurance policy, under your insurance policy, or both. You may have other options as well, and Salinas car accident lawyers can pursue all options for recovering the compensation you deserve.
After being injured in a car accident, it is important to take action as soon as possible. You need to see a doctor, and you need to speak with an attorney right away. Salinas car accident attorneys are available 24/7, and if you need help finding a medical provider your attorney can provide a referral.
Are you entitled to compensation for your car accident in Salinas? Find out today:
*When you click the button you will be redirected to LawsuitInfoCenter.com.
When you need to seek financial compensation for a car accident, there are both steps you need to take and mistakes you need to avoid. Where’s what to do (and not do) after a car accident in Salinas:
DO: Seek Treatment for Your Injuries
Car accidents can cause concussions, broken bones, severe cuts and bruises, organ damages, and other types of internal and external injuries. Regardless of whether you are experiencing severe symptoms, you should see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment as soon as possible.
DON’T: Ignore Your Doctor’s Advice
After you see a doctor, you need to follow your doctor’s advice (or seek a second opinion, if necessary). Do not simply ignore your doctor’s treatment recommendations. If you do, not only will this delay your recovery (and potentially prevent you from making a full recovery), but it will also create problems for your car accident claim.
DO: Gather as Much Information as You Can
It is important to try to gather as much information as you can after a car accident in Salinas. Make sure you keep any information you collected at the scene (i.e. the other driver’s insurance information, the police report, and photos you took with your phone), and start a file where you keep all of your accident-related insurance and medical records.
DON’T: Share Information on Social Media
You do not want to share information about your car accident on social media. If you do, this could also make it more difficult for a Salinas car accident attorney to help you collect just compensation. If you post about the accident online, the insurance companies will try to find a way to use your posts against you, and this is a risk that it isn’t worth taking.
DO: Get a Salinas Car Accident Lawyer
In order to protect yourself, you need to get a car accident attorney. Your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation, determine what company (or companies) are liable for your losses, and fight for just compensation on your behalf.
DON’T: Try to Handle Your Situation on Your Own
Trying to handle your situation on your own can be a very costly mistake. If you accept payment from the insurance companies too soon, you could end up with far less than you deserve .You need to accurately calculate your current and future losses (more on this below), and you need to avoid falling for the insurance companies’ tactics at all stages of your claim.
If you are like most people, the one question you really want answered is: “How much am I entitled to recover?”
The answer to this question depends on the facts of your case. From the extent of your injuries to your annual income, and from your long-term medical needs to your pain and suffering, there are numerous factors that will determine how much you are owed. Experienced car accident lawyers in California know how to accurately calculate just compensation for accident victims’ current and future losses, including:
- Medical bills and prescription costs
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of income and benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and post-traumatic stress
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of services, society, and support
Car accident victims’ losses can range from thousands to millions of dollars. In order to find out how much a Salinas car accident lawyer may be able to help you recover, get started with a free consultation online now.
As we mentioned above, when you have an insurance claim, you need to avoid falling for the insurance companies’ tactics. If you fall for any of the following insurance tactics, you could end up without the financial compensation you deserve:
- Claiming the Evidence Doesn’t Prove Liability – In some cases, the insurance companies will say that you didn’t report the accident in time for them to conduct an investigation, or that their investigation was inconclusive. This is not an answer you have to (or should) accept.
- Blaming You for Your Injuries – Insurance companies routinely blame accident victims for their own injuries. Under no circumstances should you accept responsibility; and, even if you were partially at fault, car accident attorneys may still be able to help you collect partial compensation under California law.
- Trying to Get You to Use “Approved” Providers – Many insurance companies have networks of “approved” or “recommended” repair shops and doctors. Unless you are required to use these providers under you policy, you should choose a repair shop and healthcare provider of your own.
- Making Low-Ball Settlement Offers – When you have an insurance claim, you do not have to settle for less than you deserve. When the insurance companies make a lowball settlement offers, Salinas car accident attorneys fight to make sure their clients win just compensation.
- Relying on Your Misunderstanding of Your Rights – Your insurance adjuster does not have to explain your rights under your policy. In fact, he or she doesn’t even have to correct your misunderstanding of your rights. This is among the many reasons why all injured drivers and passengers should hire Salinas car accident attorneys to represent them.
There are many reasons to hire an attorney to help you after a car accident in Salinas, CA. Here are just five of the most-important reasons to get help from an experienced Salinas car accident attorney:
- Understanding Your Rights – As we just mentioned, if you don’t know your rights, your insurance adjuster won’t explain them to you. In order to protect yourself, you need to work with an experienced attorney who has your best interests in mind.
- Getting the Help You Need and Deserve – Salinas car accident attorneys can help you choose the right repair shops and the right doctors to help you. You do not want to go to a “preferred” or “approved” provider if you aren’t required to do so.
- Calculating Your Losses – Before you settle, you need to know how much you are entitled to recover. Your attorney can accurately calculate just compensation for all of your financial and non-financial losses.
- Negotiating with the Insurance Companies – Once you figure out how much you are entitled to recover, then you need to fight for the compensation you deserve. An experienced Salinas car accident lawyer will be able to negotiate effectively on your behalf.
- Filing a Claim Outside of Auto Insurance – In many cases, car accident victims have claims outside of auto insurance. If you are entitled to additional compensation from a vehicle manufacturer, repair shop, or government authority, a Salinas car accident attorney pursue this additional claim so that you aren’t limited to the auto insurance coverage that is available.
So, you’ve been injured in a Salinas car accident. What do you need to know? As it turns out, more than you might think. Here are five key facts about recovering after a car accident in Salinas, CA:
Key Fact #1: Your Financial Costs Can Add Up Quickly
If you’ve been injured in a Salinas car accident, your costs can add up very quickly. First, there are your repair bills. Then, there are your medical expenses. Then, there is your loss of income if you are unable to work. If the other driver (or a third party) was at fault, your costs should be covered by insurance, but you will need to hire an experienced car accident lawyer in Salinas to help you collect the compensation you deserve.
Key Fact #2: A Car Accident Can Take a Significant Non-Financial Toll on Your Life
In addition to financial costs, a car crash in Salinas can also take a significant non-financial toll on your life. For example, many car accident victims suffer from emotional trauma or post-traumatic stress, and many victims experience pain and suffering for months or years—if not the rest of their lives.
Under California law, accident victims are entitled to compensation for the financial and non-financial costs of their injuries. In fact, accident victims’ compensation for non-financial losses will often far exceed their compensation for their out-of-pocket expenses. But, in order to recover compensation for your non-financial losses, you will need a Salinas law firm on your side.
Key Fact #3: Salinas Attorneys Represent Car Accident Victims On Contingency
Salinas, California lawyers represent car accident victims on contingency. This means you don’t have to pay anything unless you win. Your legal fees will be calculated a as a percentage of your settlement or verdict.
Reputable car accident lawyers in Salinas will only take your case if they believe they can help maximize your take-home recovery. So, you don’t have to worry about collecting less because of your attorney’s fees. If you have been seriously injured, a lawyer can help you seek significantly more than you could collect on your own.
Key Fact #4: A Salinas Law Firm Can Help You File (or Obtain) an Accident Report
You need to report your accident to your insurance company, and you may also need to report it to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If the police didn’t respond to the accident, you may need to file a report with the police as well. A Salinas law firm can help you file the reports you need to file; and, if you don’t have a copy of your Salinas accident report, your law firm can help you obtain a copy for your insurance claim.
Key Fact #5: You Will Need a Lawyer to Help You Recover Just Compensation
While you can try to file an insurance claim on your own, the reality is that you will need a lawyer to help you recover just compensation. Car accident lawyers in Salinas are available to speak with you 24/7, and you can get a free consultation through CarAccidentSource.com.
How Important is it to Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Salinas, CA, it is extremely important to hire a lawyer to represent you. Your lawyer can help with all aspects of your insurance claim, determine if you have a claim outside of auto insurance, and fight to win the compensation you deserve.
How Much Do Salinas Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
Virtually all car accident lawyers in California represent their clients on a contingency-fee basis. As a result, it doesn’t cost anything out-of-pocket to get experienced legal representation. If you win, your legal fees will be calculated as a percentage of your award; and, even taking these fees into account, you will still most likely take home much more than you could have recovered on your own.
How Do I Find a Salinas Car Accident Lawyer I Can Trust?
You can (and should) talk to a lawyer before deciding whether to hire him or her to represent you. CarAccidentSource.com makes it easy to get a free, no-obligation consultation. You can get started for free online 24/7, and you can make an informed decision about your choice of legal representation.