Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
Do you need a Sacramento car accident lawyer? Here you can learn about:
- Do You Need a Sacramento Car Accident Attorney?
- What Steps Should You Take After a Car Accident in Sacramento?
- What Mistakes Should You Avoid After a Car Accident in Sacramento?
- What Can You Expect from Your Insurance Company After a Car Accident?
- What Can You Expect When You Hire a Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer?
- FAQs: How Do Sacramento Car Accident Attorneys Help Their Clients?
If you have been injured in a car accident in Sacramento, there is a lot you need to know. You need to know your rights under your insurance policy, you need to know your rights under California law, and you need to know what to do (and not do) to collect the compensation you deserve. While you can try to handle your situation on your own, you can also hire a Sacramento car accident lawyer at no out-of-pocket cost.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident in Sacramento?
There are several reasons to hire a Sacramento car accident attorney if you have been injured in a collision. Your attorney can conduct an investigation, determine what claim(s) you need to file, calculate your losses, and seek just compensation on your behalf. Your attorney can also guide you through the recovery process and help you avoid mistakes that could jeopardize your legal rights.
Sacramento car accident lawyers are available to speak with you 24/7. With contingency-fee representation, you only pay if you win. An experienced attorney can help maximize your financial recovery, and hiring a attorney promptly will give you the best chance to collect the full compensation you deserve.
How much can you recover for your car accident? Find out today:
*When you click the button you will be redirected to LawsuitInfoCenter.com.
After a car accident, there are some important steps you need to try to take promptly. The steps you need to take after a car accident include:
Step #1: Get a Diagnosis and Treatment
If you are experiencing any symptoms following your car accident, you should get a diagnosis and treatment promptly. In fact, even if you aren’t experiencing any symptoms, it is still a good idea to see a doctor. Car accidents can cause many different types of injuries, and not all injuries have symptoms right away.
Step #2: Write Down What You Can Remember
Once you see a doctor, you should take 20 minutes to write down everything you can remember about the accident. Take your time, and try to think about the details. How was the weather? Where did the other car come from? Was the other car speeding? Did it look like the other driver wasn’t paying attention? These are all key pieces of information that will be useful to Sacramento car accident lawyers when assessing your legal rights.
Step #3: Report the Accident
You will need to report the accident to your insurance company, and you must also report it to the police and the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you prefer, these are steps that a Sacramento car accident attorney can take on your behalf.
Step #4: Create a File
You will receive several different types of records related to your accident. This includes records from your healthcare providers, records from your insurance companies, perhaps a copy of the police report, and records from your employer if you miss time from work. Create a file and keep all of these records together in a safe place.
Step #5: Talk to a Sacramento Car Accident Attorney
You will want to talk to a car accident legal practitioner in California as soon as possible. As we mentioned above, there are lots of ways an attorney can help you. Local Sacramento car accident attorneys are available 24/7, and you can get a free consultation online through CarAccidentSource.com.
In addition to taking the steps listed above (in addition to any other steps recommended by your attorney), you also need to be careful to avoid costly mistakes. Some of the key mistakes you need to avoid after a car accident include:
Mistake #1: Saying the Wrong Things
While you need to report your accident to your insurance company, you also need to be very careful to avoid saying the wrong things. For example, you should not tell your adjuster that you caused the accident (in reality, you have no way of knowing until you hire a Sacramento car accident attorney to conduct an investigation), and you should not tell your adjuster that you feel fine. Stick to the facts, and avoid making any assumptions or saying anything that isn’t strictly necessary to initiate your claim.
Mistake #2: Ignoring Your Doctor’s Advice
Once you see a doctor, you need to follow your doctor’s advice. If you ignore your doctor’s advice, your injuries could get worse (or take longer than necessary to heal), and the additional costs might not be covered by auto insurance.
Mistake #3: Waiting Too Long
When you need to seek financial compensation after a car accident, you cannot afford to wait too long. This applies to everything—from seeing a doctor to speaking with a Sacramento car accident attorney.
Mistake #4: Settling Too Soon
While you need to take certain steps quickly, you need to avoid rushing others. In particular, you need to be extremely careful not to settle your case too soon. If you accept an insurance settlement, you won’t be able to seek additional compensation—even if you later realize that your losses are greater than you previously thought.
Mistake #5: Not Seeking Legal Advice
The best thing you can do after a car accident is seek legal advice. Sacramento car accident lawyers are available to help you, and you can get a free consultation 24/7. You have nothing to lose by talking to an attorney; and, if you are entitled to financial compensation, you will almost certainly collect significantly more with an experienced legal practitioner on your side.
When dealing with your insurance company after a car accident, it is important to have realistic expectations. For example:
- You can expect your insurance company to put its interests first. Even though you pay for coverage, your insurance company will seek to avoid paying for your car accident by all means available.
- You can expect your insurance company to do no more than is legally required. Your insurance company has a legal obligation to handle your claim in good faith. It does not have a legal obligation to explain your rights, calculate your losses, or offer a fair settlement.
- You can expect your insurance company to use your own words and actions against you. Remember how we said you should say no more than necessary when reporting your accident? This is because anything else you say will only be used against you.
When you hire a lawyer to represent you, you are entitled to certain expectations. All Sacramento car accident lawyers should:
- Conduct a thorough investigation and identify all claims you have available. Your attorney should provide a thorough assessment of your claim; and, if it appears that you may be entitled to financial compensation, your attorney should conduct a thorough investigation. Based on the outcome of this investigation, your attorney should tell you what type(s) of claim(s) you can file.
- Represent you with your best interests in mind. Unlike your insurance company, your lawyer will advise you with your best interests in mind. Your lawyer should focus his or her efforts on helping you collect just compensation as quickly as possible.
- Represent you on a contingency-fee basis. Virtually all Sacramento car accident attorneys provide contingency-fee representation. With contingency-fee representation, you don’t pay anything up front, you don’t pay any monthly fees, and you don’t pay anything at all unless you receive financial compensation for your car accident.
Can a Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer Deal with My Insurance Company For Me?
Yes, your lawyer can deal with your insurance company for you. In fact, this is your best option when you need to seek auto insurance coverage for a serious accident. An experienced lawyer will be well-versed in the insurance company’s defense tactics, and will be able to handle your claim while helping you avoid mistakes that could jeopardize your recovery.
Will My Lawyer File a Claim with the Other Driver’s Insurance Company?
If the other driver was at fault in your car accident, then your lawyer can seek financial compensation under his or her insurance policy. Your lawyer will deal with your insurance company and the other driver’s insurer to make sure you receive the full coverage to which you are legally entitled.
Can a Lawyer Help Me if I was Partially at Fault in a Car Accident in Sacramento?
Yes, under California law, you can seek financial compensation even if you were partially at fault in a car accident. Your lawyer will be able to determine your percentage of fault, accurately calculate your losses, and help make sure you receive a fair settlement.