Modesto Car Accident Lawyer
Do you need help recovering from a car accident in Modesto? Here you will learn about:
- Do You Need a Modesto Car Accident Attorney?
- What Should You Do After a Car Accident in Modesto?
- What Should You NOT Do After a Car Accident in Modesto?
- 5 Ways You Can Lose Your Car Insurance Claim
- 5 Ways Modesto Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
- FAQs: How Do Modesto car Accident Attorneys Help Their Clients?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in California, an experienced Modesto car accident lawyer can help make sure you receive the financial compensation you deserve. While you have clear legal rights under California law, protecting your legal rights is not easy, and you need to be careful to avoid falling for the insurance companies’ tactics.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident in Modesto?
In many cases, car accident victims are entitled to significant financial compensation. But, collecting just compensation requires experienced legal representation. Modesto car accident lawyers are available to speak with you 24/7, and you can get a free consultation through CarAccidentSource.com.
Like all car accident lawyers in California, Modesto car accident lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis. With contingency fee representation, you only pay if you win, and you get to decide when to settle your claim (or if you want to take your claim to court).
How much can a lawyer help you recover? Find out now:
*When you click the button you will be redirected to LawsuitInfoCenter.com.
While Modesto car accident attorneys can handle many aspects of your claim for you, there are some important steps you need to take on your own. Some of the most-important steps you should take as soon as possible include:
- Get Medical Treatment – In order to protect your health and your claim for financial compensation, you should see a doctor right away.
- Report Your Accident – You should report the accident to your insurance company promptly. You may also need to report your accident to the police and/or the California DMV.
- Schedule a Free Consultation – The first step for getting help from a Modesto car accident attorney is to schedule a free consultation. Click the button below to do this online 24/7.
In addition to taking the steps listed above, you also need to be sure to avoid mistakes that could jeopardize your financial recovery. Following a car accident in Modesto, you should not:
- Ignore Your Doctor’s Advice – Many people choose to ignore their doctor’s advice, whether this means delaying treatment or not filling their prescriptions. If you have a claim for compensation, ignoring your doctor’s advice could mean losing out on compensation you deserve.
- Post About the Accident Online – You will want to keep the details of the accident between you and your Modesto car accident lawyer. This means that you should avoid posting anything about the accident on social media.
- Wait to Contact a Lawyer – In order to maximize your chances of securing a financial recovery, you need to speak with a Modesto car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Your lawyer will need to investigate promptly, and you will need to rely on your lawyer’s advice to avoid other costly mistakes.
While many people believe that filing an insurance claim after an accident is easy (because this is what the insurance companies tell you), this is not the case. In fact, it is extremely difficult to recover full compensation, and you will need the advice and representation of an experienced Modesto car accident lawyer every step of the way.
What can go wrong if you don’t hire a Modesto car accident attorney to represent you? Here are five ways you can lose your car insurance claim:
1. You Wait Too Long
Waiting too long to do almost anything can make it more difficult, if not impossible, to recover financial compensation for your car accident. This applies to everything from filing your insurance claim to hiring an attorney to conduct an investigation. If you don’t have the evidence you need, or if the statute of limitations for your claim expires, the insurance company isn’t going to pay.
2. You Let the Insurance Company Take Control
If you let the insurance company take control of your claim, it will not pay the full compensation you are owed—if it pays anything at all. It most certainly will not pay compensation for your future accident-related costs (i.e. medical bills), nor will it offer compensation for your pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment of life, and other non-financial losses.
3. You Say the Wrong Thing
One of the insurance companies’ favorite ways to deny car accident claims is by using victims’ own words against them. If you say the wrong thing—to your insurance adjuster or online—you can be certain that the insurance company will use it against you.
One of the most-common examples is admitting fault. Even if you don’t know whether you were at fault, if you say that you think you might have been at fault, this can be enough to create challenges with your claim.
4. You Aren’t Diligent about Pursuing Your Claim
When you have an insurance claim, you need to stay on top of it. If you don’t, this will lead to unnecessary delays, you will find it difficult to keep track of what has happened, and these factors may ultimately lead to a denial. Most people don’t have the stamina to deal with the insurance companies for as long as it takes to secure just compensation. A Modesto car accident attorney can manage your claim for you and do what is necessary on your behalf.
5. You Accept a Low-Ball Settlement
Losing your car accident claim doesn’t just mean recovering no financial compensation. It also means recovering less than you deserve. If you don’t hire a Modesto car accident attorney to represent you, you won’t know what constitutes “just compensation,” and you could easily end up accepting a low-ball settlement.
Given everything that can go wrong, it is extremely important to have an experienced lawyer on your side. To recap, here are five important ways that Modesto car accident lawyers can help you after a serious collision:
1. Taking All Necessary Action On Time
Investigating, filing an insurance claim, seeing a good doctor, filing a lawsuit if necessary—these are all steps that need to be taken on time in order to assert your legal rights. Modesto car accident attorneys can make sure that delays don’t end up reducing or eliminating your financial recovery.
2. Dealing with the Insurance Companies for You
Modesto car accident attorneys can deal with the insurance companies for you from the moment you are involved in a serious collision. When you hire an attorney, your attorney will deal with your adjuster directly so you don’t have to worry about saying something that could jeopardize your claim.
3. Accurately Calculating Your Losses
In order to make informed decisions, you need to know how much you are entitled to recover. An experienced attorney can help accurately calculate your financial and non-financial accident-related losses.
4. Negotiating for a Fair Settlement
In order to obtain a fair settlement, you will need to hire an experienced attorney to negotiate on your behalf. If you don’t, the insurance companies won’t take you seriously, and they won’t offer the full amount you are owed.
5. Making Sure You Receive Just Compensation
If you don’t receive a fair settlement offer, your lawyer can take your insurance claim to court. Your attorney can also determine if you have other claims (i.e. a claim for a vehicle defect or road hazard) that you can use to maximize your financial recovery.
Can I Get a Free Consultation about My Car Accident in Modesto?
Yes, Modesto car accident lawyers provide free consultations to accident victims and their families. You can request a free consultation online 24/7 through CarAccidentSource.com.
How Much Will I Have to Pay My Lawyer (and When)?
Since Modesto car accident attorneys provide contingency-fee representation, you don’t have to pay anything out of pocket. Your attorney’s fees will be calculated as a percentage of your recovery, and you will only pay if your lawyer helps you collect just compensation.
Where Can I Find a Reputable Modesto Car Accident Lawyer?
You can find a reputable Modesto car accident lawyer through CarAccidentSource.com. When you request a free consultation, you will be put in touch with a local attorney, and you will be able to ask as many questions as you want in order to decide if the attorney is the right choice for you.