Fresno Car Accident Lawyer
Injured in a car accident in Fresno? Here’s what you need to know about:
- Do You Need a Fresno Car Accident Lawyer?
- When Can You Seek Compensation for a Car Accident in Fresno?
- What to Expect from Your Auto Insurance Claim
- What to Expect from Your Fresno Car Accident Attorney
- FAQs: What Should You Do After a Fresno Car Accident?
A car accident can turn your life upside down. When you get injured in a car accident, it can truly impact all aspects of your life. Dealing with insurance companies can be time-consuming and stressful, and it can be extremely difficult to recover the financial compensation you deserve. A Fresno car accident lawyer can help.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident in Fresno?
If you were injured in a car accident in Fresno, you should speak with experienced Fresno car accident attorneys promptly. You need to make sure you do everything you can to recover just compensation—and you need to rely on experienced legal advice. Fresno car accident lawyers are available to help, and you can get started with a free consultation online 24/7 through CarAccidentSource.com.
How much are you entitled to recover? Find out from a lawyer for free:
*When you click the button you will be redirected to LawsuitInfoCenter.com.
You can seek compensation for a car accident in Fresno anytime someone else is to blame (or at least partially to blame). In most cases, this “someone else” is the other driver. For example, some of the most-common grounds for seeking financial compensation after a car accident include:
- Distracted driving (including texting behind the wheel)
- Fatigued driving
- Impaired driving (including driving under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or other drugs)
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Merging or turning without looking
But, these are not the only options that are available. In many cases, injured drivers and passengers will also have claims for:
- Vehicle defects (including brake, tire, and airbag defects)
- Negligent maintenance and repairs (including failure to replace worn tires and performing faulty brake jobs)
- Road hazards (including potholes, construction zones, and dangerous barriers)
Since most car accidents are the result of driver negligence, most claims for compensation involve the auto insurance companies. You should report the accident to your insurance company promptly. Not only is this probably required under your policy (which means you could lose your coverage if you don’t report your accident), but you could potentially have a claim under your MedPay or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
MedPay is “no fault” coverage. But, in order to recover full compensation (MedPay policy limits are very low), you will need to be able to prove that the other driver was at fault. This requires evidence, and you will need a Fresno car accident lawyer to collect the evidence necessary to secure the full coverage you deserve.
When you get injured in an auto accident in Fresno, California, there is no substitute for experienced legal representation. You can expect several things from your Fresno car accident attorney. When you hire an attorney for your car accident, they should:
- Provide a Free Consultation. You should be able to receive a free consultation that allows you to make informed decisions about your next steps.
- Provide Contingency-Fee Representation. You should not have to pay anything out of pocket, and your Fresco car accident attorney should only collect a fee if he or she helps you recover just compensation.
- Protect Your Best Interests. Fresco car accident attorneys should handle your claim with your best interests in mind. This means that he or she should focus on helping you recover maximum compensation as quickly as possible.
- Advise You Regarding Settlement. Fresno car accident attorneys should help you evaluate all settlement offers and explain how much you will take home if you accept.
- Take Your Case to Court if Necessary. If you do not receive a fair settlement offer, your legal practitioner should be prepared to fight for just compensation in court.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Fresno, CA?
Many people get injured in Fresno car accidents, so the first thing you should do is take a breath and understand that you are not alone. While you may be facing a long and difficult road to recovery, you will get through it—if you take the right approach. Taking the right approach means seeking medical attention promptly, and it means speaking with a car accident lawyer in Fresno as soon as possible. Your attorney can then guide you through your next steps while also helping you avoid mistakes that could jeopardize your recovery.
How Can I Find Car Accident Lawyers in Fresno?
You can find local car accident lawyers in Fresno through CarAccidentSource.com. When you click the button below, you will be asked to provide some basic information, and then you will be connected with an attorney near you. You can do this 24/7, and it costs nothing to get a confidential, one-on-one consultation about your legal rights and how to protect them.
What Compensation Can I Recover for a Fresno Car Accident?
The compensation you can recover for a Fresno car accident depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is the cause of the accident. If the other driver was at fault, then a car accident legal practitioner in Fresno will be able to help you seek compensation from the other driver’s insurance company (and potentially from your insurance company if you have the right type of coverage). If you were partially at fault, your attorney can still help you seek partial compensation; and, if you were 100% at fault, you could still have a claim under your Med Pay policy (if you have one).
Do All Fresno, California Lawyers Handle Car Accidents?
No, not all Fresno, California lawyers handle car accidents. As a result, you need to choose your legal representation carefully. Again, you can get a free consultation from a local car accident lawyer in Fresno 24/7 through CarAccidentSource.com.
Do I Need to File an Accident Report After a Car Crash in Fresno?
Yes, if you (or anyone else) was injured, or if the property damage caused by the accident exceeds $1,000, you must file a report with the California Department of Motor Vehicles. You must also report the accident to the police if no officers responded to the scene of the crash. If you need to obtain a copy of a Fresno accident report, you can request one from the local police department or the California Highway Patrol (CHP)—or you can ask your attorney to do this for you.
How Much Will a Fresno Law Firm Charge to Handle My Car Accident Claim?
A Fresno law firm will handle your car accident claim on a contingency-fee basis. This means that the firm will not charge you anything out-of-pocket, and you won’t have to pay anything at all unless your claim is successful. If your Fresno attorneys help you recover just compensation, your legal fees will be calculated as a percentage of your settlement or verdict.