E-Scooter Accident Lawyer
Need an e-scooter accident attorney? Get a free consultation online 24/7.
If you’ve been injured in a collision with a vehicle while riding an e-scooter, you have clear legal rights. You could have multiple claims depending on what happened, and you could be entitled to significant compensation depending on the extent of your injuries. To make sure you receive maximum compensation, you will want to speak with an e-scooter accident lawyer as soon as possible.
E-scooter accident attorneys are available in all 50 states, and you can get started with a free consultation online 24/7 through CarAccidentSource.com. Whether you were riding your own e-scooter, a Lime e-scooter or Bird e-scooter, or a rental e-scooter from any other company, an experienced attorney will be able to help you collect the compensation you deserve.
- When Can You Seek Compensation for an E-Scooter Accident?
- How Do You Sue for an E-Scooter Accident?
- FAQs: Hiring an E-Scooter Accident Lawyer
Individuals and families can seek compensation for an e-scooter accidents under a broad range of circumstances. According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are thousands of e-scooter accidents in the United States each year, and a significant percentage of these accidents involve collisions with cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs. There is also evidence to suggest that these accidents are on the rise.
Regardless of what happened, if you’ve been injured in a collision, you should speak with a local e-scooter accident lawyer about your legal rights. Examples of potential claims after e-scooter accidents include:
- Claim Under the Driver’s Insurance Policy – If you or your loved one got hit by a driver, you may be able to collect payment under the driver’s insurance policy. Auto insurance covers all types of collisions—not just those involving two or more vehicles. You could potentially have a claim under your auto insurance policy as well, and this is a possibility you will want to be sure to discuss with your e-scooter accident attorney.
- Claim Against the Driver’s Employer – Since many e-scooter accidents happen in downtown areas, many of these accidents involve drivers who are on the clock. If you or your loved one got hit by someone who was working at the time of the collision, his or her employer could be liable.
- Claim Against the E-Scooter Company – Lime, Bird, and other e-scooter companies can also be held liable in many cases. If there was an issue with the e-scooter itself, your legal practitioner may be able to file a claim against its manufacturer.
If you have a claim, you are entitled to full compensation for all of your injury-related losses. This includes financial costs such as medical bills, prescriptions, and loss of income, and it also includes pain, suffering, emotional trauma, and other types of non-financial harm.
If you have a claim, how do you sue for an e-scooter accident? Suing for an e-scooter accident requires a comprehensive understanding of the laws that apply in your state. It also requires in-depth knowledge of the relevant court rules and procedures. Local e-scooter accident lawyers will have the knowledge required to help you file a successful claim.
As a result, if you need to seek compensation for an e-scooter accident, you should speak with a local lawyer as soon as possible. You should also take the following steps:
1. Get Treatment for Your Injuries
You should see a doctor promptly if you have not done so already. Be sure to tell your doctor that you were injured in an e-scooter accident.
2. Collect Relevant Documentation
Keep copies of your medical records, and keep any documentation you receive from your employer if you miss time from work. If you have an auto insurance policy, try to find a copy of your policy as well.
3. Follow Your Doctor’s Advice
When suing for an e-scooter accident, it is extremely important to follow your doctor’s advice. You need to show that you are doing everything you can to recover as quickly as possible.
4. Start a Pain Journal
In order to seek compensation for your pain and suffering, you will need to document the non-financial effects of your injuries. A good way to do this is to keep a “pain journal” where you document your pain levels and the various ways your injuries interfere with your normal day-to-day life.
5. Keep Track of Your Costs on an Ongoing Basis
As time goes on, you should try to keep track of your injury-related costs. Get receipts for everything you can. If you pay with a credit card or debit card instead of cash, this will create a record of your costs that you can share with your e-scooter accident attorney.
Can a Lawyer Help Me if I was Injured in a Collision While Riding an E-Scooter?
If you were injured in a collision while riding an e-scooter and the collision wasn’t your fault (or at least wasn’t totally your fault), a lawyer should be able to help you collect just compensation. E-scooter accident lawyers provide free consultations, and you can get started online 24/7 through CarAccidentSource.com.
How Much Can E-Scooter Accident Attorneys Help Their Clients Recover?
The amount an attorney can help you recover depends on the cause of the accident and the extent of your injuries. Once you hire an attorney, you and your attorney will work together to determine how much you should seek in your e-scooter accident claim. Damages in e-scooter accident cases can range anywhere from thousands to millions of dollars.
How Long Do I Have to Hire a Lawyer After an E-Scooter Accident?
Statutes of limitations for e-scooter accident claims vary by state. In the majority of states, victims and families have a couple of years (if not longer) to file. However, waiting can make it more difficult to prove your claim, so you will want to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible.