California Sideswipe Accident Attorneys
California Sideswipe accidents can lead to significant costs for injured drivers and passengers. If you’ve been injured, a local California sideswipe accident lawyer can help you collect the financial compensation you deserve.
Sideswipe accidents can be extremely scary. You’re driving along, and all of a sudden you feel an impact right on your door. The damage from the impact can be significant even if you are able to maintain control; and, if you are unable maintain control, the impact can lead to serious traumatic injuries. The good news is that California sideswipe accident lawyers are available to help, and you can get a free consultation from a local lawyer 24/7.
When you contact a California sideswipe accident attorney through CarAccidentSource.com, you can learn about your legal rights free of charge. You can also get legal representation on a contingency-fee basis. This means that your legal practitioner will handle your claim at no out-of-pocket cost, and you won’t pay anything unless you win. Keep reading to learn more:
- How Do You Prove Fault in a Sideswipe Accident?
- What Costs Can You Recover After a Sideswipe Accident?
- FAQs: Should You Get a California Sideswipe Accident Lawyer?
One question many people have about sideswipe accidents is, “How do you prove fault?” When vehicles collide side-to-side, how do you prove which driver is to blame for the collision?
There are several types of evidence that California sideswipe accident lawyers can use to prove liability. When investigating your sideswipe accident, your attorney will probably examine evidence such as:
- The Damage to Each Vehicle – The nature and specific location of the damage to each vehicle involved in a sideswipe accident will often help identify each vehicle’s speed of travel and point toward one of the two drivers being at fault.
- Witness Statements – If your passenger or driver, other motorists, or any bystanders can provide statements regarding what they witnessed, this can help prove your claim for compensation.
- Police Report – The police report from your accident may provide important details as well. The police report should also state whether the other driver admitted fault to the responding officer.
- Phone Records – Many sideswipe accidents occur because drivers are distracted. If you got hit by someone who was texting, using social media, or talking on the phone behind the wheel, a California sideswipe accident lawyer can subpoena his or her phone records from the phone company.
- Video Footage – Traffic camera, security camera, cell phone camera, and dash cam footage can all serve as evidence of fault in sideswipe accident cases. If your accident is on video, the recording could be key evidence in your claim for damages.
While many modern cars are now equipped with lane departure warnings, lane-keeping assistance, and self-driving capabilities, older vehicles do not have these features. Additionally, these features don’t always work; and, even when they do work, they aren’t necessarily designed to prevent an accident (this may be left up to the driver). An experienced California sideswipe accident attorney will take these factors into account when assessing what the other driver could – and should – have done to avoid your collision. If the evidence reveals that the other driver’s car malfunctioned (or your car malfunctioned), your lawyer may be able to pursue a claim against the manufacturer.
When you are seriously injured in any type of accident that is someone else’s fault (whether another driver’s or a vehicle manufacturer’s), you are entitled to just compensation for all of your accident-related losses. This covers all forms of financial and non-financial loss—including:
- Medical bills for any emergency treatment, follow-up treatment, and future medical needs
- Loss of income due to inability to work or the need to attend doctor’s appointments
- Loss of future earning capacity if you will be unable to work (or will need to take a lower-paying job) in the future as a result of your accident-related injuries
- Pain, suffering, and emotional trauma resulting from the accident
- Loss of companionship and consortium due to the impact on your relationship with your friends, spouse or partner, and children
- Loss of enjoyment of life if your injuries prevent you from finding happiness, doing your hobbies, and spending meaningful time with your loved ones
A California sideswipe accident attorney will work with you one-on-one to understand the financial and non-financial effects of your accident. Your lawyer will also work with your doctors, and perhaps other professionals as well, to gain a clear understanding of the accident’s long-term costs. With a clear understanding of how much you deserve to recover, you can make informed decisions about whether to settle your claim or take the insurance companies to court.
Do I Need a Sideswipe Accident Attorney if I was Injured in the Collision?
While you don’t technically need an attorney, it is strongly in your best interests to seek experienced legal representation. Your attorney can deal with the insurance companies for you, accurately calculate your losses, help you avoid mistakes, and fight for the compensation you deserve. You are far more likely to recover just compensation with an experienced attorney on your side.
How Much Do California Sideswipe Accident Attorneys Charge?
You can expect an attorney to handle your sideswipe accident claim on a contingency-fee basis. This means that your attorney shouldn’t charge anything out of pocket. If your attorney helps you collect just compensation, then your legal fees will be calculated as a percentage of your award. Most sideswipe accident attorneys charge in the range of 25% to 40%, with most charging at the higher end of the range if they need to take a claim to trial.
How Can I Find a Sideswipe Accident Collision Lawyer I Can Trust?
While many people have concerns about hiring a lawyer, the reality is that the vast majority of lawyers are trustworthy and truly have their clients’ best interests in mind. When choosing a California sideswipe accident collision attorney, you should take full advantage of your free initial consultation. Ask as many questions as you want, ask for references, ask for examples of prior case results, and then decide if the attorney is right for you. You can get a free consultation from a local California sideswipe accident collision lawyer online 24/7 through CarAccidentSource.com.