California Rollover Accident Attorney
Rollover accidents can have lifechanging consequences. Learn about your legal rights and get a free consultation from a local California rollover accident lawyer.
Rollover accidents cause serious and fatal injuries at disproportionately high rates. While these accidents are most common with trucks and SUVs, all types of vehicles can flip under the right set of circumstances. If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in one of these accidents, you should discuss your legal rights with a California rollover accident attorney promptly.
Rollover accident legal team can assist with all aspects of your recovery. This includes everything from determining what company is liable for your losses to fighting for just compensation at trial if necessary. But, most successful claims are resolved via settlement, and an experienced California rollover accident attorney may be able to help you secure just compensation without going to court.
- How Do You Seek Compensation for a Rollover Accident?
- How Much Can You Recover After a Rollover Accident?
- FAQs: Getting Help from a California Rollover Accident Attorney
In order to seek compensation for a rollover accident, you first need to know what company is responsible. There are two likely options:
- Another Driver’s Insurance Company – If you were involved in a collision with another driver, that driver’s insurance company may be liable for your losses. You may also be able to secure coverage under your own insurance policy (and possibly under a family member’s policy). A California rollover accident lawyer through CarAccidentSource.com can help make sure you seek the maximum insurance coverage available.
- Your Vehicle’s Manufacturer – If your vehicle rolled over because it was defectively designed, then the manufacturer could be liable. Despite the well-known risks of rollovers, manufacturers continue to produce dangerous vehicles, and claims against manufacturers will often result in significant awards of financial compensation.
A third possibility is that a government entity is liable for your (or your loved one’s) rollover accident. This could be the case if an issue with the road caused you (or your loved one) to lose control. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that more than 25% of rollover accidents occur without any precipitating collision.
The amount of compensation you can recover after a rollover accident depends on many different factors. This includes everything from the cause of the accident to the amount of insurance coverage that is available, and from the amount of your losses to your choice of California rollover accident lawyers.
Some of the key factors that will determine how much you can recover include:
- Who is to blame? Did another driver cause the accident? Do you have a claim for a vehicle or road defect? Will the insurance companies try to blame you (or your loved one) for partially causing the crash?
- How much insurance coverage is available? If you have an auto insurance claim, the amount of coverage that is available could determine how much you are ultimately able to recover.
- What mistakes were made? In some cases, rollover accident victims and families can seek punitive damages in addition to financial compensation for their losses. If the other driver was drunk, or if your vehicle’s manufacturer knew your car, truck or SUV was dangerous, California rollover accident lawyers may be able to seek punitive damages on your behalf.
- How much have you lost (and will you lose)? The amount of your compensation will be directly tied to your actual losses. This includes your losses to date and the losses you will experience in the future.
Taking all relevant factors into account, your California rollover accident lawyer will calculate the amount that you are entitled to recover. Typically, this will include compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Prescriptions, therapy, rehabilitation, and other recovery-related expenses
- Loss of income and earning capacity
- Pain, suffering, and emotional trauma
- Post-traumatic stress
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Can a Lawyer Help Me Recover Financial Compensation After a Rollover Accident?
Whether a lawyer can help you recover financial compensation after a rollover accident depends on what caused the accident. It costs nothing to find out if you have a claim, and you should absolutely speak with an attorney about your legal rights. While some rollover accident victims won’t have claims, in many cases victims and their families will be entitled to significant financial compensation.
How Long Do I Have to Get a Lawyer After a Rollover Accident?
How long you have to get an attorney after a rollover accident depends on the statute of limitations in your state. In most states, the statute of limitations is at least two years. However, evidence can disappear, and delays can lead to other challenges as well. As a result, it is in your best interests to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
How Much Do a California Rollover Accident Attorneys Charge?
California rollover accident attorneys represent their clients “on contingency,” which means they don’t charge any legal fees if they win. Typical contingency fees for rollover accident cases are in the range of 33% of the amount recovered, but some lawyers charge less and some charge more. Before taking your case, a lawyer should clearly explain the fees he or she will charge.
How Do I Find a Reputable California Rollover Accident Lawyer Near Me?
You can find a reputable rollover accident lawyer near you through CarAccidentSource.com. Our site is completely free to use, and we help accident victims and families connect with local lawyers in all 50 states. You can get a free consultation 42/7, and you can feel free to ask as many questions as you would like so that you can make an informed decision about your legal representation.